Monday 27 February 2012

Shock Horror! I like Gritstone!

Joined the LUUMC on a trip to the Roaches this last weekend and had an awesome time ! I actually enjoyed climbing on grit. Shock! Didn't do many routes (as is my general lazy approach to climbing) but the ones I did were excellent. Did Valkyrie on the first day; almost got blown off by the wind and pulled off by the rope drag only added to the experience. Then Wings of Unreason on the Sunday went down on my second attempt at the jump. I'd fallen off a few times right at the start but I'm not counting them because it was just like bouldering and bouldering doesn't count as climbing...
So it looks like my mind has been changed over Satan's rock. I actually can't wait to go back and try some more of the routes there!
Some pictures of me on Wings, thanks to Dafydd Llywelyn for taking them and letting me put them on this blog without his knowing:
Gurning away happily
Will I make it? Yes, I did!

1 comment: